To improve the efficiency of our product teams we are currently looking for Engineering Managers for our HQ in Hoofddorp.What are you going to do:
Are you a natural people-person with a background in tech? Are you able to ensure the high effectiveness of your team and create a better environment for everyone to flourish in it?
If yes, then we want to talk to you!
At YoungCapital we give people work. We're an employment agency recruiting almost all our candidates via digital channels and offer many students, graduates, and young professionals a wide range of career opportunities.
At YoungCapital's R&D department in Hoofddorp, we have 60+ developers building technological innovations in a data-driven and agile way.
Together, we work on many impressive applications, and we build the vast majority of these ourselves. For example, all the 30 websites that are part of YoungCapital and their databases, but also the YoungCapital app, our own ATS (Applicant Tracking System), an e-learning environment we call University (catchy, right?), machine learning algorithms, and many many more.
Standing still is not an option for us. YoungCapital prioritizes growth and we are never afraid to make a change.the role
You are one of the engineering managers of YoungCapital. You think of strategies that will improve workflows and you're able to empower teams to become continuously more independent. You also focus on cross-team collaboration.
If issues arise, you facilitate conversations, you solve problems. You give quick feedback and you're good at giving it. You guide employees during 1 on 1 meeting (approximately 15 people) and, with your coaching mindset, you help them set goals for themselves and reach them.
Plus, we're growing incredibly fast right now, so you're also involved in hiring and interviewing.
To be successful in this role you:
- Ensure high synergy between employees and general team happiness
- Solve conflicts and facilitate discussions in a pragmatic way
- Make your teams run well and track their success with data points
- Coach employees and help them achieve their maximum potential
- Collaborate with other teams and get the best out of YoungCapital
- Besides a salary and an awesome job at YoungCapital's HQ in Hoofddorp there are some important things like:
- A pension plan, potential bonus, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day;
- Each year, there is a budget for your education and development;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on sports-gear;
- Room for relaxation in our facilities such as games, ping pong, table football or our own gym;
- You will have an Apple MacBook;
- You will be a part of a great working atmosphere, including our own YoungCapital festival, various hackathons and other fun events;
- An awesome and healthy lunch, every day!
- Minimum hbo level or equivalent ability
- At least 4 years of experience as an Engineering Manager or Agile Coach
- Sharp situational leadership skills
- Good communication skills and full mastery of English (Dutch is a plus)
- Data and growth mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Not just because it's right, but because we believe it's good for business too. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!