Our company is growing, and growing fast. That's because we come up with super smart solutions that keep surprising our customers. To make us even smarter, accelerate our growth even further and make our customers even happier, we are currently looking for a senior Ruby on Rails developer.
What are you going to do
YoungCapital is an employment agency but does it very differently than you might think. We recruit almost all our candidates via digital channels and offer each year more than 45,000 students, graduates and young professionals a wide range of career opportunities.
Within YoungCapital, we are an IT department of some 60 professionals that develop technological innovations on a data-driven and agile way. Autonomous multidisciplinary teams work in their own formats and in a culture with eye for personal development. We school ourselves attending conferences regularly and organize Tech Talks.
We strive for continuous improvement. For our technological direction, we are organized in Tech Guilds. We use modern technologies and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Git, ElasticSearch, Python AWS, Google Cloud Kubernetes, Sidekiq with Redis, MySQL, Cordova, Vue, Angular.
Yes, we help find candidates a job, but also offer numerous online tooling for personal development and support throughout their careers. We do this with the latest technologies. For example, we use machine learning to automatically match candidates with the job that best suits their skills and competencies. We do this based on historical data from selections of nearly four million candidates from different countries.
What we offer:
- Your own annual training budget to spend as you see fit;
- A good employment package including a favourable pension and bonus scheme, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days (reduced working hours), 1 extra holiday and various incentive programmes;
- A job which gives you the opportunity to further develop yourself as a programmer;
- Flexible hours;
- You will have a Mac computer (iMac or Macbook) at your disposal and are free to work using the tools that you feel comfortable with;
- You will get to work in a young team which recognises the need for relaxation, such as a round of gaming, playing table tennis, foosball or even doing boot camp;
- A great working atmosphere where hard work and play go hand in hand. For example, our YoungCapital parties are legendary, and you can attend the Dutch College League, for which YoungCapital is main sponsor.
What we ask:
- At least finished hbo or University level or equivalent by experience.
- At least 4 years of experience using Ruby on Rails;
- Do not hesitate to contact us if you are not familiar with Ruby, but instead have at least 5 years of experience using any of the following: Django (Python framework), Laravel (PHP), Symphony (PHP), .NET, C#, Java (possibly combined with frameworks Spring
- A good command of the Dutch language is a plus, Fluent in English a must;
- Knowledge of (My)SQL is absolutely necessary;
Who are we?
YoungCapital is a kick starter of fresh talent in the business sector. We connect highly educated, young, talented people to employers, during their studies, after graduating or as young professionals. These people are the key drivers of innovation in businesses. That is why we help them conquer the labour market under several different labels: YoungCapital, StudentJob International and YoungCapital Professionals. Our over fivemillion candidates in eight different countries make ours the biggest network of talented young people in Europe. Our clients range from small and medium-sized enterprises to multinationals and even the government. You will be working in a young company with passionate co-workers, and together you will strive to always achieve the best result! Are you curious to see what YoungCapital is all about? For more information, go to www.youngcapital.nl.
Are you interested in this challenging job as a Ruby developer? Fill out an online application straight away by clicking the application button or send your CV and cover letter to Roos Meij at firstname.lastname@example.org. Curious to see what more we have to offer? Check out www.youngcapital.nl/werken-bij.
Uren per week: