The Key Areas of Responsibility for the electrical designer are:
• Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his Unit in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
• Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
• Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
• Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
• Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
• Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
• Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure, the planning process of his, her area.
• Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
• Inspired to get the job done.
• Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
The first assignment as Electrical designer will be within the EMC project as EMC designer You work in a team of 5 peer electrical designers fully dedicated on EMC design, testing and certification. The additional responsibilities for the EMC designer role are:
• Review, support and coach peer Electrical designers and suppliers in EMC design and EMC testing.
• Define and execute pre-compliance test to mitigate EMC risks of new released components and products
• Define, Prepare and execute EMC system tests. Since the size of the IGT-S systems, the system is decomposed in multiple clusters. Each cluster must be tested and the test reports must be submitted to international certified bodies (CSA, China FDA, ...) for certification.
In addition to specific electrical areas specific job knowledge, skills and experience are:
• Since our strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to our suppliers, we require excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards our design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with our supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements, test approach, design reviews, FMEA, and specifying and verifying quality and reliability whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
• Minimally Bachelor degree (Dutch: HBO) in Electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
• Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
• Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
• Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
• Good command of English (both written and verbal).
• Disciplined team worker.
• Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents.
• Accurate and quality minded.
• Improvement attitude.
• Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
• Ability to coach, support and direct the Designers / Engineers in a subgroup.
• Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
• Capable to introduce efficiency improvements on project level (change management).
• Prepare to travel to support and guide system EMC tests in international EMC test labs
Within the R&D department of IGT Best, the Image Chain Cluster has a simple and ambitious goal to make the best Image Chain in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data & video networking and display functionality. This role will specially focus on PC's and video/Data networking. Involved parts are custom specific developed by (international) partners, or just COTS products.
Uren per week: 40
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
+31 (0)6 115 085 68
1101CD, Amsterdam Zuidoost