As Project Leader for product development you will work in an international environment where you perform a key operational role between manufacturers, suppliers, product management and other internal departments. You will set up product requirements with various stakeholders, create timelines, budget and risk-assessments. You will work together with a team of engineers to facilitate and execute the complete product development cycle up to the launch of the product onto the market. The work ranges from supporting the R&D team up to making your hands dirty and perform specific areas of the development yourself (such as occasional testing). Your contacts ranges from suppliers around the corner to manufacturing and development partners and ranges from stakeholder in another room to having customers with varying demands which need to be taken into account when developing new products for both the Marine and Mobile markets. Many of our suppliers are located China. You must be able to travel to China approx. 3 times a year.
- Take a lead-role to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Establish and maintain working relationships with third parties/vendors;
- Take ownership of your work.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. level education with a technical background, experience with power electronics is a big plus;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in product development as engineer or project manager;
- Have a fundamental understanding of a production environment and DFM;
- Your working style is solution oriented and pragmatic;
- You like to travel on occasion to deal with challenges on-site and provide adequate support abroad;
- Experience with Chinese culture is a plus, speaking Chinese is a big plus;
- You are great in planning and coordination;
- We will support education, such as IPMA or Prince 2 training;
- English language is a must, Dutch is a pre.
Over de werkgever
Mastervolt is an innovative, successful company based in Amsterdam, part of Power Products LLC. We are engaged in the development and the worldwide marketing/sales of high quality reliable power systems for autonomous use and in remote locations throughout the world. There are Mastervolt offices in Amsterdam (HQ), England, Germany and France, and sister companies in the US and New Zealand. At our office in Amsterdam we have 70 employees.
Uren per week:
Mastervolt is a dynamic company with a culture focused on growth and innovation. We offer an informal culture, challenging and inspiring work environment, appreciate own initiatives and leave room for self-development. Mastervolt is part of Power Produ