- Mechanical design related aspects of gas fire appliances;
- Ensure fulfilment of timelines and deliverables;
- Up to date articles status in TCE and SAP;
- Introduce article numbers/BOM in SAP;
- Ensure a good communication between international locations and the internal organization;
- Constructive attitude towards changes in project or problems;
- Actively participate in a global project with numerous sites;
- Proactive behaviour inside the team.
- Participate in relevant project meetings;
- Make components specifications (sheet metal, plastic, gas connections, etc.);
- Perform tolerance calculations;
- Assist in development of new solutions including initial state idea and feasibility studies reports;
- Write findings and facts in (English) reports and archiving them in a proper way;
- Assist spare parts definition and delivery;
- Support during sample build phase;
- Review and support technical documentation;
- Participate/lead simultaneous engineering activities with suppliers and manufacturing areas;
- Handle engineering change requests during project phases;
- Ensure a proper reporting to line manager;
- Support line manager as required;
- Make use of preventive quality methods (FMEA, FTA and DRBFM) during development phase;
- Use the BES PE principles to document the system design architecture options and understand cause-effect relations;
- Participate on the relevant PGL workshops (DFMA) together with manufacturing departments and ensure the incorporation of the improvement points into the design.
- Allow to perform the activities autonomously and systematically;
- Inform lead design engineer on deviations prior to project manager or line manager;
- Escalate issues to Line Manager;
- Best practices sharing within engineering group;
- Checks reports as controller for other design engineers.
- Higher Vocational Education/TU level on Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Strong affinity with launching products in series production;
- Knowledge from different manufacturing principles for different materials, e.g. plastics, sheet metal, die casting, bending and connection methods;
- Knowledge from materials and their applications (plastic, aluminium, sheet metal, brass);
- Creative, analytical sharpness, perseverance, and result orientated;
- Experience with 3D (UG-NX) and PDM (TCE) preferable also with SAP (not mandatory);
- Good communication skills (team player, sharing know-how and results with colleagues);
- Good level of English language written and spoken;
- German/Dutch language skills are advantageous but not required;
- Experience with complete Microsoft Office package.
Over de werkgever
This position is a R&D group within the Engineering Department of our client. The group is responsible for the development of new and/or adjusted condensing gas appliances for the European market. We use the synergy between different competences in our group to develop the new applications. The competences are: product engineering, combustion technology, system integration, mechanical construction and industrial design.
Uren per week:
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client.