Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story/feature
Understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture and the designs for (manual and automated) testability
Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals
Identifies impediments and sorts it out (with support from the scrum master where required)
Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and knowledge sharing)
Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts quickly when failures are detected
As Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the Supervisor Platform Development of Software Engineering.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with model based software environments such as Simulink and knowledge of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Preferably experience with automotive standards such as ISO26262 and with developing AUTOSAR Software Components
- Fluent in English language, effective communication in both verbal and written form, willing to learn the Dutch language
- Soft skills: Ability to collaborate well in teams and across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable and self-organizing
- A proactive workstyle and adapt to change
Over de werkgever
Within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre, they develop engine families for the future regulations. Their engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers.
You will be part of the Platform Development team of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Embedded Engineering has over 100 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers.
Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
Uren per week:
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result- and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and masterclasses with interesting speakers and attractive companies