Key challenges for a Senior Mechanical engineer:
You will have the opportunity to join the team where you will design machines concepts and build customized test and measurement machines:
- Independent mechanical design of assigned projects;
- Follow up construction of the machine with project team and project manager;
- Prepare mechanical concepts for sales and present them to the customers.
Your contribution in this role:
- Sales support;
- Share and communicate knowledge within the mechanical team and other relevant departments;
- Prepare the detailed specification of the design of mechanical components;
- Define electrical and mechanical schematics and BOMs;
- Follow the prototype development;
- Support qualification tests and certification;
- Support the integration of hardware and software;
- Use simulation packages where necessary;
- Implement calibration and validation procedures;
- Perform risk analysis together with the project team.
The ideal candidate in a few words:
- Degree: A bachelor's or master degree in Engineering;
- Experience: 5-8 years of experience in mechanical design of precision automation applications;
- Proficient: With Solidworks, Inventor or equivalent. Profound knowledge of geometrical tolerances. Basic knowledge of automation principles, materials and surface treatment, pneumatics, machine safety, preventive maintenance, motion system calculations;
- Skills: Ability to plan and organize workload, professional and results oriented. Strong capacity of adaptation and priorities management. Strong interpersonal skills, coaching experience is an asset;
- Bilingual: Fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken.
Over de werkgever
The company delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device makers worldwide, accelerating product development, quality and innovation.
Uren per week:
You will be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. You will be employed by YER and seconded.