The D&E sector amongst others is responsible for driving industrialization and operational requirements into the early design of ASML's products. Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability, Serviceability (RAMS), Cycle time and plays a leading role in reducing operational costs by design and process improvements for volume products from inception thru the programs and sectors, by developing and imposing company wide pro-active and reactive structural issue resolution processes.
Main activities Supplier Engineer:
- Ensuring that, based on overall competences or on incidents at suppliers, in production, and/or at customers, structural problems are defined and solved in depth, closing the learning loop to ensure that new designs or ways of working avoid mistakes of the past. This applies to New Product Introduction
- Ensure handshake with SCE GLS at KD12 and for post KD12 activities related to QLTC, EC (and other relevant topics) and to set up Operational Excellence at suppliers for volume release. Together with SCE GLS ensure good feedback to new NPI's
- Reinforcing Supplier Technology control and execution during NPI phase and assure a proper hand over to SCE GLS
- Contribute in design phase between KD1 and KD11 by both giving feedback (co-design) on supply-chain related design choices, and early supply chain involvement
Your job mission is to create an 'able and enabled' team to bridge between Suppliers and Development and drive co-design activities. Support ASML outsourcing strategy to increase ASML flexibility and focus on the ASML added value. Drive technological aspects between programs & suppliers:
- Drive technological challenges and requirements to the supplier
- Develop suppliers in new production techniques/parts/products
- Increase leverage of supplier technology & processes into the ASML design project (early involvement of suppliers in design for manufacturing)
- Professionalize outsourcing management as part of the Supplier Account Teams (SAT's) and strategic product family team
All activities must be in line with sector and BL's targets.
Early Supplier Involvement
- Participate in D&E projects in early design phases to secure Design-for-Manufacturing and Technology availability from suppliers
- Challenge design with capabilities in supply chain
- Review Design Specifications on manufacturability
- Facilitate early supplier involvement at new products and processes
New Product Introduction (up and till KD12)
- Execute the NPI deliverables (SoW, FMEA, TAS, PER, TCD, PQR, PQDR, PYQS): Manufacturing Flow, Process FMEA, Determine test tools and Test coverage, First Article Inspection & Evaluation Report, Supplier Output Control, test standards.
- Support suppliers with difficult manufacturing problems (e.g. yield and quality improvement)
- NPI Supplier Selection (through Auditing)
- Member of the SAT, with deliverables on Quality and Technology. Validate Q and T targets and actuals for supplier. Manage suppliers towards Competitive Performance (Q, T) during NPI and assure proper continuation of Q and T performance during volume phase
- Manage processes at suppliers to world class efficiency and effectiveness during NPI phase and assure proper handover to GLS SCE
- Consult on and attune improvement proposals at suppliers. Initiate actions to ensure implementation and execution@ supplier during NPI phase and assure proper handover to GLS SCE
- Implement improvement actions at supplier on quality complaints and nonconforming products and processes during the NPI phase
Bachelor or Masters in Technical Science, preferable Mechanics, Mechatronics.
At least 5 years of experience in a high-tech environment. Candidate preferably has experience in supply chain engineering, additional engineering or development experience in high-tech low volume industry is a pre
- Excellent social and communication skills in English
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively throughout different levels within the organization. Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and supplier
- Team player, but also independent
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing
- Analytical, abstract thinking, plenty of initiative
- Sharing knowledge and stress tolerant
- Service minded and a drive for continuous improvement
- Candidate must be trained and experienced with quality systems and -methods (preferably Six Sigma Green or Black belt), as well as engineering towards production processes
Over de werkgever
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Uren per week:
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies