Publication speed is an important factor within the article submission process. To improve the publication speed of our client, we are looking for an Article Pipeline Management (APM) Analyst. In this role you will realize an optimal flow of their articles along their pipeline.
As an APM Analyst you will look at the entire spectrum of the article's publication cycle. From pre-submission requirements until final acceptance for publication across 2,000+ journals.
Are you up for the important task of reducing the turnaround times and guiding the process of publication? Then we might just be looking for you!
- € 3750,- / € 4250,- gross per month
- 36 hours a week
- Work in Dordrecht
- Work for an international scientific publisher
- Temporary with a view to a permanent position
To qualify for this role you have to possess multiple skills. First and foremost analytical and data-oriented. You are able to work independently and you identify improvement opportunities. Within these opportunities you formulate concrete actions, supported by numerical insights.
Other requirements are stated below;
- Graduate degree in the sciences or equivalent experience in logistics and/or publishing
- Analytical experience
- Value chain management understanding
- Work activities across multiple teams and geographic locations
- Worked in logistics or value chain management is a plus
- Understanding of the publication process is a plus
As an APM Analyst you will look at the entire spectrum of the article's publication cycle. From pre-submission requirements until final acceptance for publication across all of the 2,000+ journals. Opportunities will come in the form of removing significant bottlenecks for a single journal to wide scale process or system optimization for all of them.
The APM Analyst will identify the major wins in a data-driven way, make the case for change, align improvement opportunities with stakeholders and steer implementation in the right way.
Your responsibilities are stated below;
- Take a data-driven approach identifying key areas with long turn-around times, and apply rigorous root-cause analysis to expose underlying issues
- Track performance of selected journal portfolios against established TAT KPIs
- Monitor pipeline for predicted shortfalls in article targets
- Work with various stakeholders like publishing, production, editorial engagement etc. to optimize Article Pipeline Management and reduce turnaround times
- Suggest system and process improvements and together with relevant stakeholders implement these via a Plan, Do, Check, Act methodology, reporting on realized benefits and adjusting as needed
- Monitor secondary items like editor, author and reviewer satisfaction, submission & acceptance rates to make sure improvements in TAT do not come at the expense of other objectives
- Where needed create your own insights from the data available, where possible partner with our Reporting & Insights team to improve upon our reporting infrastructure
- Recommend metrics, KPI, data definitions and graphical depictions that will help the team and the wider stakeholder community to understand the status of our pipeline better
Our client opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people.
This role is part of the Business Intelligence and Change Management department which forms part of the wider Publishing Performance and Intelligence (PP&I) business area.
- Successful international publisher
- Work in Dordrecht with two manditory days at the office
Are you interested in this role? Click on the big button to apply!Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.