Research and development technician Dow Terneuzen
Have you always wanted to work in an international environment and do you want to work on laboratory processes and data? Then Manpower offers what you are looking for! As a research and development technician you will take ownership of the laboratory's data and data quality. In exchange for your support, you can count on a gross salary up to €3,200 per month and reimbursement of your travel expenses. Are you interested and do you want to know more about this challenge? Then read on!Employment agency Manpower is looking for a research and development technician for Dow Chemical in Terneuzen.
In this position you will work closely with technicians, research scientists and engineers. Your goal is to improve the technical capabilities of the laboratory. To achieve this, you will be taking ownership of the laboratory's data and data quality and find ways to improve the efficiency of work processes. You have good laboratory skills and you are open to learn new things! It is important that you gradually become familiar with the equipment and method requirements. To achieve this, you are responsible for the following activities during your working week:
What's in it for you?
- Using established procedures (typically ASTM or ISO), perform rheological, analytical and/or process analytical testing on polymers
- Solving issues that arise leading initiatives to improve the overall lab
- Participating in teams to standardize and improve test methods
- Implementing new test equipment and methods, working within the quality and safety system
- Delivering timely and quality data
- Coordinating projects or initiatives with other laboratories
- Conducting Research & Development projects under the direction of a research scientist
- Gross salary between €2,600 and €3,200 per month (based on a 40-hour working week)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0,19 per kilometre and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Pension accrual via Manpower after 26 weeks of work
- Full-time position of 38 of 40 hours a week
- A job for a longer period of time
- International working environment
- Free access to E-learning platform Studytube via Manpower
Over de werkgever
The Dow Chemical Company ('Dow') is an organization driven by science and technology, as well as a strong commitment to contribute to reshaping the world we live in and enhancing our quality of life. Current and future generations will face huge environmental and sustainability challenges in the years to come. At Dow, unique chemical, physical and biological science capabilities are combined to provide innovative products and solutions, where they are needed most. Dow Chemical in Terneuzen employs more than 2,000 people who represent over 70 different nationalities. The team has an especially international character and English is spoken in the workplace. The company culture itself is characterised by respect, collaboration and open communication.
You will be working during regular office hours.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in the field of Chemistry or similar
- An excellent command of the English language (at least level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in the team with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Minimum availability of 38 hours per week
- Proficiency in laboratory equipment set-up and operation and chemical handling
- A Dutch work permit that is valid for at least nine months or EU-citizenship
- A Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG) that shows you have not committed any criminal offences
Being fluent in Dutch is a plus. The same goes for experience in research & development and technology areas such as rheology, analytical and sensory science. Living in or near Terneuzen, Hoek, Middelburg or Bergen op Zoom is a bonus, but not mandatory!Don't wait too long to apply. After your application, Manpower will contact you within two working days!
Wat wij bieden